- DisplayPort vs HDMI for Included Cable
- Low Profile HDMI cable comes in the box, but only necessary if using a GPU 320mm or longer like the MSI Supreme X, Gaming X Trio.
HDMI is included by default because it’s more versatile. Compared to DisplayPort, HDM is more common for monitors and television sets, and some motherboards come standard with a HDMI port but no DisplayPort port (ex: MSI B550I Gaming), so HDMI was included.
To that end, both angled HDMI and angled DisplayPort should not interfere with other connectors for multiple display configurations.
We also have a low profile angled DisplayPort 1.4 in the works for those in need.
- PCIe 4.0 Riser Cable Upgrade vs. PCIe 3.0 Riser Cable Included
- Meshlicious with PCIe 4.0 Riser Cable installed is available in certain regions. The standalone PCIe 4.0 Riser as an upgrade kit is also available. Given the substantial cost of PCIe 4.0 Riser and negligible benefits currently (see TechPowerUp review conclusion), it is not included in the base model.
- GPU and AIO Compatibility - ex: How would a 3090 FE perform with a 280 AIO as either intake or exhaust/Will a ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO fit in the case if I use a ASUS RTX 3080 Strix?
- 280 AIO is recommended because it offers similar performance to a 360mm AIO, where 280 AIOs tend to be cheaper than 360 AIOs.
The biggest AIO tested to fit is the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280, but it is a very tight fit. Other more common 280 AIOs from NZXT, CORSAIR and DEEPCOOL will also fit.
Fans in exhaust or negative pressure setup should yield the best cooling results. This is true for most sandwich layout cases.
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 AIO will fit
- Product availability
- Get Meshlicious in US/AU/SG CA/JP/MY/KR/NO is on the way - Click here for more information
- PC Parts Guide
- Please read before buying and building a PC with Meshlicious Case
Note: The Motherboard tray for Meshlicious functions as a divider splitting the available space between Motherboard + CPU side vs. GPU side. Supporting 3-Slot GPU and 4-Slot GPU means how much space is allocated to the GPU, and allocating more space to the GPU side will limit the amount of space left for the Motherboard + CPU side.
Select PC parts suggestions:
This combination has been fit tested, and ideally for entry level builders on a budget.
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 8GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
For RGB synchronization, it is easier if the motherboard and GPU are from the same brand.
Scythe Big Shuriken 3 50.79 CFM CPU Cooler
Scythe Big Shuriken 3, at 70mm tall, has clearances for better motherboard compatibility.
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
AMD 5600X is chosen because it’s a decent value CPU for gaming.
SAMSUNG 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Please refer to the motherboard spec for other supported M.2 drives.
SEASONIC FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Please refer to the case spec for other supported Power Supplies.
For more info please check on https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QxkRxc
- Can I buy a PCI-E 4.0 Cable Riser from other organizations like LIAN LI’s to upgrade my MESHLICIOUS?
- No, because the LIAN LI PCIe 4.0 Riser has a different female socket and will not work.
- Want to know the recommendation of Custom Line of ATX, SFX...size
ASROCK Z490 ITX
EK-Vector Strix RTX 2080
tested on CORSAIR SF600
1 x 24 Pin Cable (300mm)
1 x 4+4 Pin CPU Cable (400mm)
2 x 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable (300mm)
1 x Dual SATA Power Cable (150mm)
- AIO Compatibility, for example: CORSAIR H80i v2.
- No, this AIO will not fit because two sets of fans on it makes it too thick.
- Easy troubleshooting steps to resolve PCIE 4.0 connection issues
Step 1: Update BIOS on both Motherboard and GPU
Update to the newest firmware / BIOS / software for the motherboard and GPU. The newest update can be obtained from the manufacturer's website.
Step 2: Set BIOS to optimal default
Overclocking is the main reason for the system to become unstable in Gen 4 setting. Reset BIOS to optimal default may resolve the issue and allow the system to run under Gen 4 without issue.
Step 3: Try to boot without the riser cable
Make sure the system can boot properly without the riser cable.
Step 4: Clean the connector contacts on the riser cable and GPU
Cleaning the connector contact (Gold Fingers) on both GPU and riser cable with rubbing alcohol to remove possible particle build-up.
Step 5: Ensure the cable is fully and securely inserted into the socket
Please make sure the male connector (Gold Fingers) is fully inserted into the motherboard’s PCIe socket. Our riser has a very short pin designed to provide better insertion loss. The pins may not be in full contact with the PCIe socket pins resulting in signal lanes drop from x16 to x8, or worse at x4 speed. Make sure you choose the right length cables. Too long or too short may both result in performance loss.
Step 6: Try a different PCI-e slot (Always choose the PCIe slot closest to the CPU)
If the motherboard has multiple Gen 4 PCIe slots, try to install the cable on a different slot.
Step 7: I have done all of the above and I’m still having trouble with the riser cable
PCI-E specifications do not regulate the use of a riser cable. As a result, Gen 4 motherboards are designed to connect the GPU directly. Hence leave a limited headroom for the use of a riser cable, and the use of a riser cable may fail when the insertion loss is over the limits due to poor components used in motherboards. Not all motherboards and GPUs are manufactured to the same quality, some have higher headroom than the other.
In these rare cases, the easiest ways to resolve the problem are:
Exchange another riser cable to try. (If shorter length works, always choose a shorter length) Exchange another motherboard of the same brand. Exchange motherboard for a different brand. (99% of the customers have completely resolved the issue at this point) If none of these works, please get in touch with us directly and provide us with your system information (model/make of MB, CPU, GPU, PC case). We are happy to provide a solution.
You might be looking for
You want a PC case that can all fit your current parts. We got it.
Meshlicious accessories and detailed related questions
PCIe 4.0 Riser
Troubleshooting when installed into Meshlicious
Where to Buy
Get Meshlicious now!
Track for your order status, or retailers, e-commerce orders need our help
Need a help on your SSUPD products? Just click!
My SSUPD Order
Keep on track for your order status, or retailers, e-commerce orders need our help
Need a help on your SSUPD products? Just click!
pre-order, product availability, product suggestions, etc
Got a question before deciding to purchase our product? No problem, click here first.
Any media/influencers or brands collaboration please feel free to contact us